Planning a ski holiday in Courchevel? It's Courchevel's 70th birthday so there are lots of events and new additions to the resort! This includes fantastic events for families like the Easter egg hunt and Christmas magical kingdom!
- a ski area of which 80% is above 1800m
- 1000 ESF ski instructors
- 35 runs in the forest
- new family friendly additions to their 50000m2 children’s village: 2 specially designed fun-themed cabins in the children's village
- a new free WiFi point for 2016. Installed at 2251m at the top of the signal run
- 7 Michelin-Starred restaurants
and for Christmas they plan to use 41km of fairy lights and 700m of decorative icicles as just some of their decorations!
- They are offering flexible start times for ski lessons – clients can choose what time they set off. Clients have the option of being collected from their residence and taken back at the end of the lesson.
- Courchevel 1850’s French Ski School now offers ski touring in the early morning or at night.
- Courchevel Mountain Guides Office is offering a 2-hour “off-piste skiing for dummies”!
- Personal tours of Les 3 Vallees by a ski instructor for 35€! Available Saturdays for groups.
- To mark its 70th birthday, Courchevel is staging a nostalgic exhibition on the Place du Tremplin, with 25 of ‘the most beautiful snapshots of resort history’, displayed throughout the season.
Events at Courchevel
19 December 2016 will hold a magnificent ice-skating gala at the Forum to start the World Cup
20 December 2016 is the Women’s Alpine Skiing World Cup. The best skiers in the world will come together on the Emile-Allais stadium for a giant slalom event that feels like one big party. 18000 people are expected to attend!
21 December is the Ladies Night Tour (qualifying circuit for the French parallel slalom championships)
During the end-of-year celebrations, Courchevel transforms into a magical kingdom for 3 weeks. Father Christmas comes to visit the children, the villages are filled with elves and countless après-ski shows and events take place. On NYE they’re holding the annual Dance Party.
7, 14 & 21 February, ‘Snow and Fire Ski Shows’. French Ski School torchlit descents, fireworks, tracked vehicle displays: Courchevel will be setting the slopes alight over three magical evenings.
17 – 19 February, ‘1st winter edition of Alpes Home’. A ski in/ski out exhibition to celebrate mountain design, decoration and lifestyle.
16 – 18 March, ‘Ski & Toiles’ film festival will be held in the 380 capacity Filles de La Roque auditorium. Free of charge.
16 April is the Dynastar X3 Courchevel Mountain Triathlon (ski mountaineering, trail running and cycling)
Courchevel’s closing weekend is Easter weekend! They are holding 3 days of non-stop celebrations. They are hiding 9000 eggs around the slopes!
- 9 February – 2 March, ‘International Festival of Pyrotechnical Art: THE GRAND FINAL’
- The winners of the previous four years compete in this special “platinum anniversary” edition celebrating the resort’s 70th birthday. An unmissable sound and light show.
- Every Wednesday night, ‘Les Verdons by Night’. Verdons run and Family Park are switch to nighttime, festive snowsports mode. Three times every winter, the party gets even better with les Verdons by night XXl: a huge torchlit descent, fireworks and DJ set at the heart of the mountains!
- Every Wednesday from 21 December – 22 March, Millet Ski Touring: A night-time ski touring race open to everyone. On the programme: a 3.5 kilometre climb and a 500 metre vertical drop, starting at Courchevel Le Praz.
Photographs supplied by the Courchevel Tourist Office