There are some big changes afoot in Arc 1800
New facilities and attractions will be opening in Arc 1800 from December 2014, with a global investment of 35.6 million Euros. The development, named Mille8 is designed to create an overall better skiing holiday experience for visitors to the resort. This will include improving the provision of leisure activities – both skiing and non-skiing, and increasing the capacity of the ski lifts to ensure better movement around the resort.
Let’s take a look at some of the changes that will be occurring over the next couple of years...
New Ski Lifts
- New ultra-modern ski lift, Les Villards gondola lift, dedicated to serving the area
- Lift and walkway to provide easy pedestrian access to aquatic centre
- Dahu gondola connecting pedestrians to residences situated on the edge of the zone
- New Carreley 6-seater high speed chair lift due to open in December 2015, providing direct access for skiers coming in from other resorts including Arc 1600, Arc 2000, Arc 195 and Peisey-Vallandry
- Aquatic centre with plenty of waterslides and games for families as well as relaxation areas for adults
- Snowsports areas – including a tubing run, a fun trail course for all abilities, beginners area, discovery trail and children’s practice area
- A lodge (due to open Dec 15) housing a slopeside restaurant, dancefloor, golf simulator, conference rooms and a shop
As Ski Collection finds out more about these developments in Arc 1800, we will keep you updated...