Here at Ski Collection, we are very busy getting ready for the new season. With less than 4 months until the start of the Winter 2014/15 ski season in the French Alps, now is a great time to start thinking about your ski holiday. To help you make that all-important decision, "which resort shall I choose?", we have put together our top 5 hot picks for the coming season...
1. Val Thorens
Last year was a big year for Val Thorens. Europe's highest ski resort, won 'World's Best Ski Resort 2013', 'France's Best Ski Resort 2013' and 'Most Improved European Resort'.
- High altitude = snowsure skiing
- Situated in the 3 Vallees linked ski area with over 600km of marked pistes
- Variety of accommodation plus plenty of ski-in/ski-out and door-step skiing
- A bustling resort with plenty to entertain everyone
Known as 'the sportiest town', Tignes is split across several villages, each with its own distinct flavour (Tignes Val Claret, Tignes Le Lac, Tignes 1800).
- A fun resort with plenty to do for all the family
- Situated in the Espace Killy linked ski area with over 300km of marked pistes
- Plenty of 4* accommodation on offer
3. La Rosiere
Awarded the 'Famille Plus Montagne' award, La Rosiere is known as one of the top family ski resorts in the French Alps.
- Ideal skiing for children and beginners
- Sunny, south-facing slopes
- Plenty of family activities on offer
- Accommodations catering for large groups
A purpose-built ski resort, Flaine has been expertly designed to be the setting of a perfect ski holiday.
- Situated in the Grand Massif linked ski area with over 265km of marked pistes
- Excellent snow records and plenty of door-step skiing
- Close to Geneva airport
- A well laid out car-free ski resort ideal for families
- Accommodation to suit all budgets
5. La Plagne
Split over many different villages (Plagne Centre, Plagne 1800, Belle-Plagne, Plagne Soleil & Village).
- Situated in Paradiski, the second largest linked skiable domain in the world
- Ski villages, designed with the skier in mind
- Each village is very distinct so you can choose the village that best suits your needs