Les Balcons de Val Thorens
- Apartments: Les Balcons de Val Thorens
- Country: France
- Region: 3 Vallees
- Ski Area: 3 Vallees
- Our star rating
- Apartments (Self Catering)
- Sleeps 1-16
- Indoor heated pool & spa
- 2 on-site restaurants
- 500m from resort centre
3* Les Balcons de Val Thorens in Val Thorens, located in the higher part of the resort, in a tranquil setting. The residence is south facing and is located directly on the slopes and is 500m from the resort centre.
Les Balcons de Val Thorens consists of a cluster of 6 chalets forming its own hamlet, all buildings are traditionally built using wood and stone and offer exceptional panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. The apartments sleep from two to eighteen people, making them ideal for larger families or groups of friends. Because Ski Collection's prices are per apartment rather than per person, the more people you have in one apartment, the further you can split the cost - making Les Balcons de Val Thorens very good value for money ski apartments.
Facilities at Les Balcons de Val Thorens include free access to the 900m2 Spa (open Sun – Fri 16.00 – 20.00) with indoor heated swimming pool (10m x 5m), Jacuzzi, sauna and fitness room - Numerous massages, facial and body treatments are also available (payable); reception with lounge area and free Wi-Fi internet access, a Sherpa mini supermarket with bakery offering all the basics you will need, a bar with a panoramic terrace, private ski lockers & luggage room. The loan of cots and highchairs (request at time of booking - all subject to availability).
Les Balcons de Val Thorens has 2 restaurants. The L'Auberge des Balcons restaurant and bar offering Savoyard specialties, where half-board or 7 night dinner options are available (pre-bookable) and the La Cabane restaurant offering fine dining, where a 7 night dinner option is available (pre-bookable).
Val Thorens is a semi-pedestrian ski resort, meaning you can drive through the resort and unload your luggage at your chosen apartment or hotel and then you must park your vehicle in the residences car park or one of the public car parks in the resort, you are not allowed to park in the street. Les Balcons de Val Thorens has underground parking (payable, max height 2.10m) or you can use one of the public outdoor or covered car parks (payable & pre-bookable).
Ski Collection are pleased to be able to offer you a selection of only the very best apartments at Les Balcons de Val Thorens, all located within chalets 2, 3 and 4 which have the best location, providing the most convenient access to the ski slopes as well as being close to the reception, restaurant and swimming pool.
All the apartments at Les Balcons de Val Thorens are fitted and furnished to a good standard of comfort and convenience. The interior décor is traditional with the use of solid wood and rustic features. They have a fully equipped kitchenette with 4-ring ceramic hob, pyrolytic oven, microwave, dishwasher, kettle, toaster, fridge-freezer and electric coffee maker. All apartments have satellite TV, a telephone (calls payable) and a balcony. The larger apartments with 3 bedrooms or more also have the added benefit of an Austrian wood burner in the living area.
1 bedroom apartment sleeping 4 (c 37m2): Living area with a double pull-out sofa bed, 1 bedroom with 2 single beds, bathroom with whirlpool bath & WC.
2 bedroom apartment sleeping 6 (c 52m2): Living area with a double pull-out sofa bed, 2 bedrooms each with 2 single beds, bathroom with whirlpool bath, shower-room & WC.
4 bedroom apartment sleeping 10 (c 95m2): Living area with Austrian wood burner, a double pull-out sofa bed, 1 bedroom with a double bed & 3 bedrooms each with 2 single beds, bathroom with whirlpool bath, shower-room & 2 WCs.
4 bedroom Superior apartment sleeping 10 (c 110m2): Living area with Austrian wood burner, 4 twin bedrooms; total of 4 bath/shower rooms and 4 WCs
6 bedroom apartment sleeping 14 (c 150m2): Living area with Austrian wood burner, a double pull-out sofa bed, 2 bedrooms each with a double bed, 4 bedrooms each with 2 single beds, 1 bathroom with whirlpool bath, 3 shower-rooms & 4 WCs.
8 bedroom apartment sleeping 16 (c 170m2): Living area with Austrian wood burner, 8 bedrooms each with a double bed or 2 single beds, 2 bathrooms with whirlpool bath, 3 shower-rooms & 4 WCs.
Please note: for any apartments/chalets that feature bunk beds, sleeping in the top bunk is not recommended for children under the age of 6 years old.
(*)This indicates that you can ski to or from the residence. This is subject to normal snow conditions in the resort at that time and to the individual skier's ability.
Fully equipped apartment, beds made on arrival, bed linen, towels (to be collected from Reception), fire wood (in applicable apartments), ski lockers, free Wi-Fi internet access in apartments, satellite TV and free access to the indoor heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and fitness room
Restaurant Options, 3 course meals:
Restaurant L’Auberge des Balcons
- 7 Dinners: £147/adult & £74/child (3-11 yrs*).
- Half board: £209/adult & £104/child (3-11 yrs*).
- Liberty card ‘3 Dinners’: £66/adult & £32/child (3-11 yrs*).
* 1 free soft drink for children & free baby food for infants 0-2 yrs. Supplements payable locally: Christmas: €11/adult & €5.50/child (3-11 yrs). New Year: 25/adult & € 12.50/child (3-11 yrs).
Restaurant La Cabane
- 7 Dinners: £196/adult & £ 80/child (3-11 yrs*).
- Liberty card ‘3 Dinners’: £89/adult & £ 42/child (3-11 yrs*).
* 1 free soft drink for children & free baby food for infants 0-2 yrs.
Please note: all pre-bookable extras must be booked in advance, at least 1 month prior to arrival.
- Refundable breakage deposit: €460/apartment sleeping 2-7 & €800/apartment sleeping 8-18 (cash or Visa/Mastercard credit card) – Please note no deposit, no keys!
- Local Tourist Tax: €2.47/person 18yrs+/day (guiding fare).
- Underground parking at the residence (height limit 2.10m): €75/car/week.
- Public parking (guiding fares): Covered parking: €70/car/week (if booked more than 1 month in advance) or €75/car/week (if booked between 1 month & 7 days in advance). Pre-bookable online via: www.valthoparc.com. Cost in resort if not pre-booked: Covered parking: €77/car/week.
- Optional end of stay cleaning (excluding kitchen area, dishes & bins): €49/1 bed 5, €60/2 bed 7, €70/4 bed 11, €99/6 bed 15 & €121/8 bed 18 (please request at least 1 month prior to arrival).
- Extra towels or bed linen: €5/kit.
- Spa treatments & massages.
Only one pet per apartment is allowed and will be charged €50/week (payable locally). A valid passport for your pet is compulsory.
Loan of extras:
Cots (mattress & linen not provided) and highchairs (request at time of booking), kettles, toasters and fondue/raclette sets (all subject to availability).
Reception opening times:
Sunday – Friday: 08:30 – 12:00 & 15:00 – 02:00.
Saturday: 07:00 – 02:00.
Arrival day at Les Balcons de Val Thorens is Saturday (unless otherwise stated below) 17:00 - 20:00 and Departure 07:00 - 10:00.