Peak Retreats is the leading French Alps specialist, and with its two brands (Peak Retreats & Ski Collection) features around 80 ski resorts in France.
Peak Retreats has been voted Best Ski Company in Guardian and Observer Travel Awards multiple times. Peak Retreats also made the top 3 in the Best Ski Tour Operator category in the Telegraph Travel Awards 2017 and won Best Family Ski Operator in the Family Traveller Awards in 2015 as well as being a finalist in 2017.
We are always on the look out for new members of staff to join our expanding team based in Portsmouth. Together we want to help Ski Collection become one of the leading independent tour operators for 3 and 4 star self-catering ski residences offering excellent customer care to all of our clients.
PR, Social Media and Marketing Executive
We are looking to recruit a PR, Social Media and Marketing Executive to work across our Ski Collection and Peak Retreats brands. If you're a creative, proactive individual with a marketing background, or if you'd like to develop your marketing career, this position could be for you.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Press relations - liaising with journalists & bloggers
- Developing newsworthy ideas for press releases and press trips
- Organising all aspects of press trips
- Preparing press releases
- Selecting and sending out weekly special offers to press contacts
- Acting as an ambassador for the company at various events
- Keeping up-to-date press cuttings
- Making sure all press coverage is recorded
- Actively seeking online coverage with links to our top web pages (SEO – link building)
Social media & blogs:
- Responsibility for social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Google+) including content management
- Responsibility for blogs for both brands – this involves writing blogs, planning content, organising and maintaining/updating/optimising the blog pages
- Responsibility for managing the content of existing microsites and creating new microsites as needed.
- Assisting with the content management of the company websites
- Responsibility for managing the delivery of advertisements to media
- Responsibility for ensuring that advertisements appear correctly, and collecting screenshots/copies of these
- Liaison with commercial partners with whom we run joint campaigns, when needed
- Developing your own product knowledge as our programme evolves/grows
- Developing your own professional knowledge relevant to your role as tools evolve/change
- Producing and analysing Google Search Console reports and actioning improvements in SEO etc.
- Producing monthly online reports
- Generally assisting with and inputting on various marketing projects as a proactive engaged member of the marketing team
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent literacy and copywriting skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- A confident outgoing personality
- A creative mindset
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at any one time, to be flexible and to reprioritise as necessary
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- Superlative attention to detail
- Self-motivated, proactive, can-do attitude
- Experience working with social media platforms
- An understanding of SEO
- A general understanding of marketing in general
- An interest in the travel industry and in particular skiing
- Experience of working with the media
- Experience of writing for different audiences
- Experience of website software
- French language skills
This role is based in Portsmouth.
If you feel you have the right experience and skills and would like to apply for this position email Alison Willis firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you feel you are the candidate we are looking for. Please also attach your full current CV.
Sales & Reservations Consultant
The main responsibilities of the sales & reservations consultant will be planning and organising your client's trip including everything from accommodation and transport to lift passes and ski school.
The role involves dealing accurately and effectively with telephone, email enquiries from clients; making reservations on a dedicated system, liaising with suppliers and managing client follow up (eg. ensuring all booking documentation is sent to clients). Maintaining a high level of product knowledge for all our destinations and featured accommodation is also an essential part of the job. Other duties as agreed with the team leader and directors will be discussed. These may include dealing with prices, making website updates, assisting with training new staff, sending out brochures and various literatures.
Peak Retreats is renowned for its excellent customer service and therefore providing the highest standard of advice, care and support to our clients is an essential aspect of the job.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A very good telephone manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills - verbal and in writing
- Be team player
- Attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure
- A positive can-do attitude
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook programs.
- A passion for travel and more specifically in skiing and snowboarding.
- A previous experience in travel and in a travel reservations environment would be a clear advantage
- A knowledge of French language would be a clear advantage
- Full training will be provided, including resort visits in France.
9.00-18.00. Monday to Friday with evening (10.00-19.00) and weekend (Sat 10.00-16.00) telephone covering rota. Lieu days are to be taken in agreement with your line manager.
28 days pa (including 8 bank holidays).
Discounted holidays & travel; educational trips to France.
Based in Portsmouth.
If you feel you have the right experience and skills and would like to apply for this position email Nathalie Soma on email@example.com and tell us why you feel you are the candidate we are looking for. Please also attach your full current CV.