It has been voted 'World's Best Ski Resort' at the World Ski Awards for 2 years running and it's not hard to see why. Val Thorens is very popular with our clients but if you need any convincing, here's just 10 to name but a few reasons to love this 3 Vallees resort.
1. It's the highest resort in Europe! At a top height of 3230m, you're sure to get some great skiing in throughout the season.
2. Val Thorens is the gateway to the vast 3 Vallees ski area - that's 600km of piste at your disposal!
3. Holder of the prestigious 'Famille Plus Award', Val Thorens is ideal for families, with a raft of activities for everyone.
4. Ski-in/ski-out and door-step skiing abound.
5. Positioned on a sunny west facing mountainside, Val Thorens boasts stunning views to rival the best.
6. It's home to the World's highest zip wire - at 3230m high, 1300m long and a speed of up to 105km/hour, La Tyrolienne is a truly exhilarating and breath-taking experience. See our blog post for more information.
7. All ski abilities are catered for with a whole range of runs as well as off-piste opportunities.
8. The resort has over 40 bars and 60 restaurants so if anything, you'll be too spoilt for choice.
9. Although the resort is easy to navigate on foot, there is also a free shuttle bus that runs throughout the resort daily - ideal for getting the kids to ski school or transporting luggage and ski equipment.
10. There is so much accommodation choice that there really is something to suit everyone including families, couples and groups.