Most Popular Ski Resorts in France
The top ski resorts in France
We have compiled a list of our most popular ski resorts in the French Alps for you to take inspiration from while choosing your perfect ski holiday destination. Our clients love these French ski resorts and many regularly return from year to year. The Ski Collection team have visited these resorts and still speak about how fantastic some of them are. But don’t hesitate, these ski resorts are our best-sellers and can get booked up fast!
For inspiration on choosing your perfect ski apartment or chalet please see our most popular ski apartments, directors' choice residences, luxury residences, family apartments, private residences, and large apartments.
- Access to 250km of pistes, with a well-integrated lift system.
- Varied skiing for all, excellent for beginners and big vertical.
- Sunny, friendly, ski resort, with a lively atmosphere.
- Great for family skiers and snowboarders, with many other activities.
Flaine (Grand Massif)
- A compact and convenient resort offering something for everyone.
- Excellent nursery slopes right in resort centre, served by free lifts.
- Fantastic snow records - Flaine is very often called "the big snowy bowl”.
- Very close to Geneva airport.
La Plagne (Paradiski)
- Popular ski destination for families.
- Range of quality apartments, ski-in/ski-out convenience.
- Extensive and varied intermediate skiing.
- Linked to Les Arcs via the Vanoise Express.
La Rosiere (Tarentaise Valley)
- Charming, south facing ski village offering stunning views.
- Quality experience both on and off the slopes.
- Great facilities for families.
- Ski to La Thuile in Italy for lunch.
Les Arcs (Paradiski)
- Made up of Arc 1600, Arc 1800, Arc 1950 and Arc 2000.
- Each resort offers something different.
- Excellent skiing for all abilities.
- Linked to La Plagne via the Vanoise Express.
Val Thorens (3 Vallees)
- Car-free ski resort, designed with skiing in mind.
- Recently built luxury ski apartments.
- Gentle nursery slopes with top facilities for children.
- Lively après-ski.
- The best base for the 3 Vallees overall.
- High specification self-catering accommodation.
- Perfect experience for the winter sports fanatics.
- Snow guaranteed glacier skiing.
- Take your teenagers to the home of the X Games, they’ll love it!
Les Menuires (3 Vallees)
- Considered one of the best intermediate ski areas in the world.
- Great choice of quality self-catering accommodation.
- Ski-in/ski-out convenience.
- Quick and easy access from Moûtiers snow train station.