Ski Holidays with Dogs
For the animal lovers - Your dog friendly ski holidays
You wouldn't want to leave your dog all alone during the best week of the year? Take your dog skiing (not literally!). Why not bring your dog along for your next ski holiday and make them part of the memories! France is a dog-friendly country and more and more accommodations allow pets in their apartments.
Some ski apartments do limit the number of pets allowed per apartment to one, but Ski Collection has a great choice of multi-pet ski accommodation to select from too! Charges will be applicable depending on the fees fixed by the accommodation. In most cases, the only rule is that dogs must be kept on a lead at all times around the residence.
Ski holidays with 1 dog
- Avoriaz (L'Amara, Atria Crozats, Electra)
- Flaine (Le Centaure, Les Terrasses d'Helios)
- Megeve (Les Loges Blanches)
- Val Thorens (Le Haumeau du Kashmir, Chalet Altitude)
- Les Menuires (Les Clarines, Les Alpages de Reberty)
- Courchevel (Chalet de la Mouria, Chalets du Forum)
- Meribel (Apsara, Les Crets, Les Alpages)
- Les Arcs (Les Alpages de Chantel, Edenarc, Chalet de l'Ours)
- Peisey-Vallandry (L'Oree des Cimes, L'Oree des Neiges)
- Belle-Plagne (Le Chalet des Cimes)
- La Plagne (Les Granges du Soleil, Sun Valley, Le Pelvoux)
- La Rosiere (Les Cimes Blanches, Le Lodge Hemera)
- Sainte-Foy (Les Fermes de Ste Foy, Le Ruitor)
For those who have more than one dog?
Occasionally, we find a ski accommodation that allows more than one dog to travel with the family! Listed below are a few resorts & ski apartments/hotels that welcome families that are travelling with two or more dogs:
- Chamonix (Les Balcons du Savoy)
- Plagne Soleil & Plagne Village (Aspen)
- Plagne 1800 (Chalets d'Edelweiss)
- Belle-Plagne (Carlina)
Now choose the best way to travel
Crossing Charge: £36 return per dog (direction from France to UK)
Stay in car during crossing. You will need to visit the Pet Control booth in Calais before check-in lanes so they can carry out checks
Crossing Charge: £15 each way per dog
Stay in car. Check in at least 60 mins before return.
Crossing Charge: £16.50 (UK to France) £24.75 (France to UK) per dog
Stay in car during crossing on car deck
Last but not least, some helpful hints before you leave:
- Be sure you have the Pet Passport safe as no other documentation will be accepted. The pet must have been micro chipped and had the necessary vaccinations.
- Dogs must be at least 3 months old to travel.
- Label your dog: put your English number and the name of your accommodation in case you lose your dog.
- Check that your dog is not a banned breed in France.
- If you have a long journey ahead: remember to give your pet a light meal before you go, and pack small few snacks! It’s always good to plan to make few stops during the journey as well.
- Don’t forget a pack additional items with leads, beds, toilets bags etc.
For more informations on travelling with dogs, you can visit the UK Government travel advice website. Now you are ready to enjoy your ski holiday in the French Alps with your whole family!