- Apartments: Fontaines Blanches
- Country: France
- Region: Portes du Soleil
- Ski Area: Portes du Soleil
- Our star rating
- Apartments (Self Catering)
- Sleeps 1-5
- Central location
- Close to lift pass office, ski school & hire
- Private apartments
- Homely feel
4* Fontaines Blanches boasts a prime central location in the Festival area close to the main restaurants, bars and shops. The snow-covered thoroughfare is reached directly from the Fontaines Blanches lobby, with lifts taking you down from your apartment. From here you can ski down to the 'Dromonts' ski tow or the main Avoriaz 'Le Tour' chairlift.
It is also near the lift pass office, ski school, hire shop, & mini-market.
Housing 180 self-catering ski apartments, facilities of the residence include ski lockers and Wi-Fi access in every apartment.
Fontaines Blanches 303: 1 Bedroom Apartment Sleeps 4 (c 29m2)
This modern apartment was entirely renovated during summer 2011. It is located on the 3rd floor and comprises an open-plan kitchen/diner/ lounge with one bedroom which can be separated from the lounge area by folding doors. This Fontaines Blanches apartment has warm wooden panelling and Savoyard touches throughout.
The open-plan design includes a single sofa bed with a pull-out bed and a TV with French Freeview channels. From here is the sunny south facing balcony with resort and mountain views - and is ideal for storing skis and snowboards. The small kitchenette includes a fridge with a freezer compartment, a combi oven/microwave, a 3-ring ceramic electric hob, a dishwasher, a coffee machine and a toaster.
The double bedroom leads off of the lounge area and can also be accessed from the entrance hall, where you will find the modern bathroom and separate WC. The bedroom has a large window, a chest of drawers, and a TV.
Fontaines Blanches 413: 1 Bedroom Apartment Sleeps 5 (c 30m2)
This cocoon-like apartment, located on the fourth floor, is warm and welcoming with its traditional wooden panelling and revealed stone. The apartment comprises an open-plan kitchen/diner/ lounge with built-in cabin style bunk beds and one bedroom which can be separated from the lounge area by folding doors.
The open-plan design includes a patchwork Savoyard-style single sofa bed with cosy wooden bunk beds (for children only) built into the wall. There is a flat screen TV, DVD player, and a large wooden table with benches - ideal for family dining. From the lounge area there is access to the sunny south-facing balcony with mountain views of Avoriaz - and is ideal for storing skis and snowboards.
The kitchenette is compact, including a fridge with freezer compartment, oven, a microwave, a 4-ring ceramic electric hob, a dishwasher, a coffee machine, a kettle and a toaster. There is also a small washing machine tucked away in the entrance hall cupboard. The compact double bedroom has a large wardrobe and wooden doors to separate it from the lounge. There is a modern bathroom with shower attachment over the bath and a separate WC.
Please note: as each apartment at the Fontaines Blanches residence in Avoriaz is individual the decor will vary from apartment to apartment. The photos shown here are of various different apartments. Specific photos of a particular apartment can be sent to you via e-mail upon request. For apartments that feature bunk beds, sleeping in the top bunk is not recommended for children under the age of 6 years old. Some apartments may have more than one TV set. Please be aware that these additional TV sets can only be used for your own game or DVD devices and cannot be used for watching broadcasted programmes.
Fully equipped apartment and bed linen with beds made on arrival.
- Refundable breakage deposit €300/apartment (cash or credit card). Please note no deposit, no keys!
- Local Tourist Tax: €1/person/day (guiding fare).
- Public covered parking: €89/car/week (guiding fare - bookable on http://www.avoriazparkings.com and payable on arrival only). We recommend that you pre-book your space at the ‘Parking Plateau’ car park (height limit 2.30m). This will allow you to access the car park straight away, unload your luggage at your own pace then use the lift from the car park to the covered walkway, where snow-cat vehicles will take you and your luggage to your residence (payable each way).
- Public outdoor parking: €65/car/week (guiding fare, no need to pre-book, 600 spaces, open 24/7, 800m from resort entrance).
- Optional end of stay cleaning: €60/1 bed apart & €65/2 bed apart. Please note: must be pre-booked at least 48 hrs prior to arrival otherwise an additional €30/apart will be charged.
- Hire of towels: €7/person (must be pre-booked).
- Hire of cot: €28/week.
- Hire of highchair: €25/week.
- Loss of keys: In the event of loss of apartment keys, the whole lock will need to be changed. The charge would therefore be €55/apartment key & €25/lift or ski locker key.
Sorry, pets are not allowed at the Fontaines Blanches residence.
Agency opening hours:
Monday – Friday: 09.00 – 12.30 & 14.00 – 18.30
Saturday:08.00 – 22.00
Sunday: 09.00 – 12.30 & 14.00 – 18.00
Week 30/03, 06/04, 13/04 - Free 6-day child pass for every 6-day adult pass purchased