- Apartments: Thuya
- Country: France
- Region: Portes du Soleil
- Ski Area: Portes du Soleil
- Our star rating
- Apartments (Self Catering)
- Sleeps 1-5
- Private apartments
- Homely feel
4* Thuya in Avoriaz is located in the Dromonts area in a ski-in/ski-out position (snow and level depending) beside the Avoriaz 'Plateau' chairlift, ideal for winter skiing. It also has easy slope access to the main high street in the Festival area. Here you will find the main selection of restaurants, bars and shops including a mini-market, lift pass office, ski school and ski hire shop.
Thuya has 65 self-catering ski apartments and enjoys a tranquil and private location in the lower section of the resort, with views of the ski slopes and some of lower Avoriaz.
Thuya 45: 1 Bedroom Alcove Mezzanine Apartment Sleeps 4/5 (38m2):
This charming Savoyard style Thuya apartment, located on the 1st floor, has a quirky layout with charming wood and stone features. The apartment comprises an open-plan kitchen/diner/lounge with one bedroom and alcove (without window), as well as a low mezzanine. From this open-plan area, is the sunny south facing balcony.
The open-plan design includes a cosy L- shaped sofa area, and accessed from here is the mezzanine with its single bed (not suitable for young children). Beside this is a booth with table and wooden benches - perfect for family meals. There is also a flat-screen TV and a Wi-Fi access.
The small kitchenette has all the necessary gadgets for dining in - fridge with freezer compartment, built-in oven, microwave, 4-ring ceramic electric hob, dishwasher, coffee maker, small kettle and toaster.
The double bedroom leads off of the lounge area and has a window with views of the ski slopes, and the small alcove with its cosy bunk beds is ideal for the little ones. The apartment has a shower-room with a large walk-in tiled shower area and a sink and there is also a separate WC. This is the perfect apartment for family ski breaks. There are indoor ski lockers at Thuya plus cots and highchairs can be hired (state at time of booking).
Please note: For apartments at Thuya in Avoriaz that feature bunk beds, sleeping in the top bunk is not recommended for children under the age of 6 years old. Some apartments may have more than one TV set. Please be aware that these additional TV sets can only be used for your own game or DVD devices and cannot be used for watching broadcasted programmes.
Fully equipped apartment and bed linen with beds made on arrival.
- Refundable breakage deposit €300/apartment (cash or credit card). Please note no deposit, no keys!
- Local Tourist Tax: €1/person/day (guiding fare).
- Public covered parking: €89/car/week (guiding fare - bookable on www.avoriazparkings.com and payable on arrival only). We recommend that you pre-book your space at the ‘Parking Plateau’ car park (height limit 2.30m). This will allow you to access the car park straight away, unload your luggage at your own pace then use the lift from the car park to the covered walkway, where snow-cat vehicles will take you and your luggage to your residence (payable each way).
- Public outdoor parking: €65/car/week (guiding fare, no need to pre-book, 600 spaces, open 24/7, 800m from resort entrance).
- Optional end of stay cleaning: €65/1 bed alcove/2 bed apart. Please note: must be pre-booked at least 48 hrs prior to arrival otherwise an additional €30/apart will be charged.
- Hire of towels: €7/person (must be pre-booked).
- Hire of cot: €28/week.
- Hire of highchair: €25/week.
- Loss of keys: In the event of loss of apartment keys, the whole lock will need to be changed. The charge would therefore be €55/apartment key & €25/lift or ski locker key.
Sorry, pets are not allowed at the Thuya residence.
Agency opening hours:
Monday – Friday: 09.00 – 12.30 & 14.00 – 18.30.
Saturday:08.00 – 22.00.
Sunday: 09.00 – 12.30 & 14.00 – 18.00.
Week 30/03, 06/04, 13/04 - Free 6-day child pass for every 6-day adult pass purchased