Discover skiing in Isère in the heart of the French Alps
Located in the heart of the beautiful French Alps, Isère is France’s third biggest mountain destination. Best known for the resorts of Alpe d'Huez and Les 2 Alpes, it has no fewer than 23 ski resorts in its four famous massifs - Belledonne, Chartreuse, Vercors and Oisans - which will not disappoint with incredible scenery and views, great amounts of snow, family-friendly facilities and accommodation.
Ski Collection features bustling Les 2 Alpes and Alpe d'Huez plus family-friendly Vaujany, great value Chamrousse and hidden gem villages like Villard de Lans/Corrençon and Les 7 Laux, which can all be booked through our sister company, Peak Retreats. These six resorts offer a wide variety of skiing and accommodation to suit all party types and budget.
Easy Access: Isère is in an ideal location
Lying at the gateway to the Alps, Grenoble Alpes Isère Airport boasts an ideal location and superb transport links to discover the diversity of the Isère area. Direct transfers to the main resorts can have you donning your skis in as little as two hours from touch down. You can take a direct private transfer (pre-bookable with Ski Collection) or hire a car from Grenoble (which we can also pre-bookable). Flights can be booked independently (we don't book these) through major airlines such as easyJet, Jet2, British Airways etc - our 'flying' page has more details.
Isère Ski Resorts
All of these resorts have been awarded the prestigious Famille plus Montagne quality hallmark by the French Ministry of Tourism. This means the whole family can enjoy a special welcome and excellent facilities specifically geared to families, and activities that you can all enjoy together.
Les 2 Alpes - just a 1-hour drive from Grenoble (75km) - is surrounded by dramatic mountain scenery and has slopes on both sides of the resort so you’re never far from a lift.
- High-altitude skiing with an excellent snow record
- Les Deux Alpes has one of the largest glaciers in the Alps and is Europe’s largest summer-skiing area
- It has above-average sunshine conditions
- It’s excellent for all standards of skiing, with massive off-piste potential
- There’s very good après ski with plenty of bars, restaurants and nightclubs...
- ...equally, its very family friendly - it holds the ‘Famille Plus Montagne’ label for its children’s facilities
- Winner European Resort of the Year - World Snow Awards 2015
Alpe d'Huez is known around the world thanks to the Tour de France. It's has been growing since the 1930s on a large sunny plateau (1860m) above the tree line.
- A friendly ski resort with a lively atmosphere
- On average, Alpe d’Huez is lucky enough to get an impressive 300 days of sunshine per year!
- Snow cover guaranteed the whole season thanks to 1000 snow cannons
- The 250km of piste skiing is spread over a huge area, providing endless opportunities and terrain for all levels of skier and boarder (including an incredible vertical drop!)
- Excellent for beginners can access the nursery slopes without a lift pass, and families will love the two new fun play skiing areas.
- Ski the famous 16km Sarenne black slope, the longest in Europe
- Exceptional off-piste area
- It holds the ‘Famille Plus Montagne’ label for its children’s facilities
- Plenty of events designed for children such as carnival parades, lantern processions, fireworks, concerts, face-painting and ice sculptures.
Vaujany is a very pretty, charming and peaceful village built on a sunny slope in an area where a micro-climate ensures optimum sunshine conditions. There’s first-class skiing for all, with excellent snow conditions. Vaujany is part of the massive Alpe d'Huez ski area.
on our sister site, Peak Retreats
Chamrousse - just 30km from Grenoble - features a varied alpine ski area set among attractive fir trees. It's a popular resort for young families or families taking to the mountains for the first time. It's one of the most accessible ski resorts in the Alps.
on our sister site, Peak Retreats