AVORIAZ SKI AREA
The immense Portes du Soleil ski area of 650km consists of no fewer than 14 ski resorts between France and Switzerland:
- La Chapelle d’Abondance
- Les Gets
- St Jean d’Aulps in France plus
- Les Crosets
- Val d’Illiez in Switzerland
The Portes du Soleil offers a vast and varied choice of ski terrain, with something for all levels and abilities. The excellent mountain restaurants spread across this impressive ski area allow you to sample the best Savoyard and Swiss cuisine. At the central and highest point of the Portes du Soleil ski area, you will find the lovely and perfectly located ski resort of Avoriaz.
Skiing starts on your doorstep in Avoriaz, with snow-sure slopes there is something for every level of skier, with the main Portes du Soleil circuit easily enjoyed by beginners and intermediates, along with several challenging runs through tough terrain.
Of the 14 ski resorts of the immense ski area of the Portes du Soleil, Avoriaz has the good fortune to occupy the central position, so skiers can go from France to Switzerland for a change of culture.
Additional ski fact info 2018/19, main ski info in resort facts box at top of page
Avoriaz - 36 lifts, 49 slopes:
Green slopes: 4
Blue slopes: 26
Red slopes: 14
Black slopes: 6
Avoriaz is great for beginners and families. The impressive ‘Village des Enfants’ will welcome youngsters who are keen to experience the sensations of skiing. This 25-acre ski school learning area has been especially designed for children to have fun and learn in complete safety: there are fenced and controlled pistes with bumps, slides, mini tracks, coloured runs, small jumps, magic carpet, and a beginners’ teleski.
The beginners’ slope Ecole Piste next to the La Chapelle Park is great for first timers making a start. There are also various blue runs which vary in difficulty providing runs for absolute beginners as well as progressing and improving low level skiers.
For beginners, you can buy in a resort a 5-hour, 1, 2 or 3-day pass, ideal to begin with and to enjoy the Avoriaz ski area. This pass leads to Avoriaz beginners slopes and gives access to Prodains cable car; Plateau, Tour, Zore, Serraussaix, Proclou, Léchère and Dromonts 1 and 2 chairlifts; Trashers, Ecoles 1 and 2, Baron, Barmettes and Chapelle draglifts, and Super-Morzine and Ardent gondolas.
The Proclou, Gernues, Seraussaix and Qu’mont blue slopes are great for progressing beginners as they are easy and gentle, providing the perfect terrain to build confidence and ability. If you are having ski school lessons during your stay in Avoriaz, these slopes are perfect for trying out and improving what you have been taught that day.
With the majority of the Avoriaz ski slopes being blue and red, there is plenty to keep the intermediates happy and content. By taking the Lac des Intrets lift you will find some demanding blues - Bleue d’Arare and Bleue du Lac - which have good, steady cruising but also have some steeper sections to offer a bit of excitement. Added to this, the views across the village are glorious. Take the Fornet lift to cruise the Bleue du Fornet run and a couple of reds which will bring you back down to the lifts in Combe de Chavanette.
If it’s long, challenging, thigh-burning pistes and bumpy mogul fields you are looking for in Avoriaz then you will not be disappointed! Head to the Hauts Fort area on the Avoriaz/Super Morzine lengthy and seriously steep black runs – this area alone should keep you busy all day. The Combe du Machon has very challenging moguls.
Advanced skiers should also try the Pointe de Nyon and Aigle Rouge for their warm-up before the try the moguls of the Aigle Noir. Accessed via the Pointe chairlift.
The Chamossière chairlift will take you to the bumpy Creux black and the Arbis red which starts off very steep with moguls before opening into a high speed run taking you right back down to the Grand Pré area.
The Chanvannes bowl is located just above Les Gets and offers 2 great bumpy black runs called Rosta and Yeti.
‘Mur Suisse’ (Aka the Swiss Wall) is a famous black run which links Chavanette to Planachaux in Switzerland. The vertical drop here is more than 300m, with a slope reaching 80% in some places.
Keen off-piste enthusiasts can enjoy skiing in total security in 5 different Snowcross areas of Avoriaz:
- The Frontalière at the top of the Mossettes chairlift (1150m long), a wide route down the mountain’s flanks.
- Brochaux (1340m long), a naturally bumpy wall accessible by the Brochaux chairlift.
- The Combe des Marmottes (2080m long), a playground that’s easy to get to, via the Fornet chairlift.
- The iconic Crozats run (3122m long), a big wild coomb which starts from the Hauts Forts and joins the world cup downhill run down to Prodains, from where you can return to Avoriaz either by chairlift or cable car.
- The Pschott consists of several successive natural canyons. These Snowcross slopes are more technical than the neighbouring La Marmotte Snowcross slopes.
With just a small amount of effort, some fantastic off-piste skiing can be found in Avoriaz including narrow couloirs and open powder fields, pitches and faces. As always, to get the very best out of the whole Portes du Soleil ski area and to ensure your complete safety, we would strongly recommend hiring a mountain guide or instructor for off-piste skiing.
Snowboarders will enjoy 6 areas in Avoriaz especially dedicated and designed just for them:
- ‘La Chapelle Snowpark’: for beginner to advanced riders. Features various kickers, rails and boxes. The modules are often changed to keep the park fresh, interesting and exciting for all. Ski lift: Teleski de la Chapelle. The Chapelle Snowpark is also equipped with video cameras to record your jumps. Simply scan your lift pass, do your jump, scan your lift pass again and watch your jump. You can then record your phone number and have the video sent to your smartphone to share!
- The half-pipe: has now been made even bigger and better to become the ‘Super-pipe’! For intermediate to advanced riders. 120m long with walls 6m high!
- Arare Snowpark: for intermediate to advanced riders. This snow park is time-served and was created in 1993. Offers the more experienced red and black kickers, engaging rails and boxes, banked slalom course and the popular Big Air Bag to practise your tricks in complete safety. Hosts events such as the O’Neill Pro Freestyle, the Butcher, the Fabulous Tournament and the Nixon Jib Fest.
- Boarder-cross: for beginner to intermediate riders. Blue to warm-up and red to challenge. Located next to the Arare Snowpark.
- Le Lil’Stash: for beginners. Allows the younger riders and beginners to have their fun too. Located on the edge of the Proclou slope.
- ‘The Burton Kids Parkway’: for beginners. This snow park is especially for children with small obstacles, first slides and jumps. Located in the Falaise area.
- ‘The Stash’: for intermediate to advanced riders, ideal for adults and children to share the fun. This impressive giant ecological snow park is one of a kind and is situated in the middle of a large expanse of un-groomed snow in the forested Lindarets area. Part tree run and part terrain park, The Stash has been named the World’s Most Exhilarating Ski Run by a panel of the world’s top ski and snowboard experts put together by broadcast giant CNN. Wooden elements include: a wall for vertical sliding, logs and tree trunk obstacles, wooden tables for sliding, jumps from paths and rocks, trees bent like rainbows, snow shock-absorbers, wooden toboggans, ramps and natural obstacles. Length: 1.3km. Total vertical descent: 470m. Reached via the Prolays chairlift.
In total the whole ski area of Portes du Soleil has an impressive 243km (151 miles) of trails. Avoriaz alone has 45km (28 miles) of cross-country trails, all of which are free of charge and easily accessible from the Falaise area of Avoriaz.
From Avoriaz and Morzine you have access to 4 cross-country areas, all offering something different:
- Lake Montriond offers 10km of Canadian-style runs.
- The Pléney-Chavannes area offers 18km of forest runs.
- The Manche Valley offers 25km of challenging circuits.
- The Parc Naturel des Crêtes de Zorre offers 47km for all levels.
Avoriaz Ski Hire
Please note, these Pound Sterling prices are for indication only. They will fluctuate based on Euro/£ exchange rate. Please call us for the latest prices.
Special offers: *7 days for the price of 6. Free Skis/snowboard & boots (Blue/Red) for party leaders of groups of 10 or more all taking equipment. 1 Free helmet per child aged 6 and under for every adult booking skis or snowboards & boots (must be under same booking reference and requested on form above). Other duration prices on request - Cross Country ski prices on request.
We have 4 conveniently located hire shops in Avoriaz for all your ski and snowboard equipment needs. We offer competitive prices and special offers are also available. Pre-booking your equipment hire will allow you to save precious skiing time once in the resort and means you can budget for your ski holiday, knowing that it is already book and paid for.
We have selected SkiSet, which ensures that only the highest standard of equipment and service will be provided for all levels of skiers. More information on ski hire.
Avoriaz Lift Passes
Please note, these Pound Sterling prices are for indication only. They will fluctuate based on Euro/£ exchange rate. Please call us for the latest prices.
You have the choice to purchase a lift pass which covers the whole ski area or the smaller local ski area. We suggest that you purchase the larger area lift pass, unless a complete beginner. Lift passes are collected in resort.
Avoriaz Ski School
Ski school for children is available to book from 4 years to 12 years in Avoriaz with Ski Collection. Children can learn to snowboard from 8 years+.
For ski school times and prices, please download the ski extras form from the 'Helpful links' further down the page. Please note these are just guiding prices. Please call us for the latest prices.
Please note that lesson times are subject to change right until the last minute - you will be advised. Outside French school holidays the ski school reserves the right to cancel group lessons should numbers be insufficient. For peak periods - Christmas, New Year, February half-term and Easter - we strongly recommend that you book as early as possible and in any case at least 6 weeks prior to the required dates. Morning lessons tend to get booked up first and therefore we may only be able to offer afternoon classes within 6 weeks of departure. In some resorts English speaking instructors may not always be available, particularly at peak times.
We cannot always guarantee that prices will be cheaper than in resort. When ski packs prices are calculated, the currency is bought at the exchange rates that apply at the time. You can be assured that once you have booked your extras, if the pound depreciates, you will not be charged more for your ski packs, enabling you to budget for your holiday in advance.
In 2012 and 2013 Avoriaz was very proud to be voted ‘Best Family Resort’ at the World Snow Awards. This is thanks to a combination of family-friendly elements the resort provides, such as:
- Being 100% ski-in/ski-out with pedestrianised/car-free streets
- All resort services and amenities are close by and within easy walking
- A 5 hectare ‘Village des Enfants’ learning zone conveniently located 300m from all accommodation
- Excellent ski school facilities
- Free lift passes for children under 5 years old with the child ski pass goes up to the age of 16 years
- The ‘Kids Parkway’ and ‘Lil’stach’ snowparks are specifically designed for children aged 6-12 years
- The recently built ‘Riglet Park’ offers a snowboard learning programme for children as young as 3 years
- 80m long floodlit sledging run plus others dotted around the resort
- Snow sculpture competitions and other fun events for children and the whole family
- The ‘Kids Zone’ with the ‘Aquariaz’ water-park is a colourful area equipped with 2 play zones: 1 for babies and toddlers with water jets, fountains and water swing and 1 for children aged 4-8 years with water cannons, mini-flumes, water slide and giant water bucket
- The light show at Christmas and the Snow Carnival which lasts for 5 weeks
- All in all, Avoriaz is perfect for families!
Tuition for Young Children
In a resort where the only vehicles are sleighs, children are kings in Avoriaz. In this ideal setting Annie Famose has designed and built the Village des Enfants, a leisure centre and ski & snowboard school. Situated in the heart of Avoriaz, the Village des Enfants welcomes children from the age of 3 from 9:00 am. to 5:30 pm. More than 100 instructors and supervisors are available to teach young skiers and to show them all that this exceptional resort has to offer. Children are offered lunch and tea in the Village restaurant and there are various après ski activities adapted to different age groups.
Burton has created a series of Riglet snow parks with small hills, low boxes and mini-rails, tailored for children between three and five. This winter they have set up a Riglet Park in Avoriaz, France, at the Village des Enfants, though for safety reasons children can only use it with an instructor. Tammy Esten from Mint Snowboarding, a ski school in Morzine, specialises in teaching under-fives. She says: "We are getting younger and younger kids wanting to learn to snowboard. It really is amazing to see how quickly they progress with the right tuition, and the latest technology has been key."
There are loads of fun activities for children and the whole family in Avoriaz, including the impressive Aquariaz water complex offering hours of swimming fun, ice skating, bowling, cinema, dog-sledging, horse-drawn sleigh rides, snow-shoeing, piste-groomer machine outings and not forgetting, of course, the guaranteed fun and laughter of sledging!
The ‘P’tits Loups’ nursery takes care of children aged 3 months – 3 years old (and up to 5 years old during certain periods). The fully qualified staff provide a calm and pleasant surrounding for your little ones to enjoy activities such as snow games on the large sunny terrace and fun/educational activities inside. Meals can also be provided on request and quiet sleeping rooms are available. The nursery is open 08:45 – 17:30. Approximate cost: €26/child/half day; €46/child/full day; €143/child/6 half days & €253/child/6 full days.
Top winter activities to experience in Avoriaz!
Please note Ski Collection do not book any activities and most activities are payable.
For nature lovers, this is skiing while being pulled along by a horse / Scandinavian sport. From 6 years old.
A 3km descent with a head torch to light the way, accompanied by instructors.
Ascent by cable car. Minimum age 16.
Tandem flight above the snowy mountainside, equipped with a small sail and a pair of skis, alternating flying through the air and skiing through the snow.
As part of its partnership with Easybike and its brand of electric mountain bike MATRA, Avoriaz is offering eFatBike this winter 2019/19! The eFatbike is an electrically assisted bike with oversized wheels for good grip on the snow. A practice offering the joys of electric cycling on the snow trails.
Kids electric snowscoot
Children from 5 to 17 years old can learn to drive electric snowmobiles, specifically designed for their age on a dedicated, enclosed racetrack. Located between the Falaise and Amara areas, by the Trashers slope, the park is open from Monday to Friday
Guided rambles exploring the forests and spotting animals that live there, in untouched countryside.
Horse drawn sleigh rides
Guided tours of Avoriaz, a fine example of 20th century heritage.
Dog sledding inside the resort – au malamute service
Didier and its 7 nordic dogs offer you a sled dog introduction in the ski resort of Avoriaz.
Every departures and arrivals will take place in front of the Haut Forts mall.
Baby rides for children from 2 to 4 years olds with a parent and also rides for children from 5 to 12 years old are available.
Introduction to driving a dog team/forest runs through stunning scenery. This activity requires physical effort.
Outdoor family skating rink right in the resort centre. Support stands for younger children/skate disco evenings for teenagers.
Breathtaking cross-country slopes!
They cross with harmony fir forests and plateaus to reach the ridges and admire the exceptional view of the surrounding peaks. The tracks all have specific markup and signage. For fans, the Portes du Soleil offers 250km of cross-country ski trails.
These ungroomed slopes (5 of them) offer skiers and boarders all the sensations of free powder skiing but in perfect safety. They are actually surveyed by ski patrollers, who ensure safety by artificially setting off avalanches and fending off any dangerous areas.
Ice diving - Montriond lake
Prices included: your security with professionals, the equipment (waterproof suits, anti-icing regulators, …), insurance.
Lake Montriond (1064 meters above sea level) is the 3rd largest lake in Haute Savoie, after Lake Geneva and Lake Annecy. Its maximum depth is 19 meters, for a maximum length of 1320 m and a maximum width of 235 m!
On-site, all the comfort to equip you at the lake: separate heated man/woman lockers, toilets, hot showers … and all the necessary equipment available: dry suits, all equipped with waterproof gloves, anti-icing regulators.Ski touring
Avoriaz is opening this winter two slopes 100% dedicated to the practice of ski touring. You can reach the summit of “Lac Intrets” chairlift by Arare Crest. It starts at the “Jean Vuarnet” square or the bottom of the Prodains cable-car and passes by a trail reserved only for the practice of ski touring and splitboard
Experience split board
The split-board practice, recently democratized, will give you immense pleasure.
After dividing your snowboard into two separate skis, you will start the day with a climb
With your new “skis” equipped with “skins” to hang climb up the hill; Once at the summit, after a few hours of climbing and a small snack, your guide will make you experience one of the most beautiful snowboarding descent of your life in the most authentic mountain environment.
See details under eating tab
Ferme de seraussaix
Every Thursday take part in the Farm visit. Reservation at the Tourist board. Visit in French only!
The Bowling "Le Strike" is open every day. Bar, gaming, billard, snacking. Access to the Lounge Roc bar.
Avoriaz cinema: one hall with digital sound and images, movies in 3D, all the national releases and all the best movies of the moment! Résidence Les Portes du Soleil.
Through Evolution 2. Unforgettable thrills falling through the air above the snowy mountains.
Sightseeing flights - Skiers pickups -Tour of Mont-Blanc - Airport transfers - Inter-resort transfers - Transfer for Héliski in Switzerland and Italy. Flights of all kinds on request.
The 2400m2 ‘Aquariaz’ water complex in Avoriaz is the biggest swimming pool complex in the Alps! The lush vegetation and rock décor throughout the main chill-out section creates a relaxing aquatic paradise whilst the colourful water-play areas are fantastic for the children. Facilities include: a large swimming & paddling pools, a flowing river pool, water playhouse with slides, water cannons and a giant water bucket, the Slidewinder flume is for the more adventurous bathers: from 10m up you sit in a rubber ring and slide down a halfpipe, massage benches, climbing walls and an outdoor Jacuzzi heated to 34°! Aquariaz also boasts stunning panoramic views of Avoriaz through its ceiling-to-floor windows. The centre is open every day.
Please note: All the above information is for information only. For the most up-to-date information please visit the resort tourist website. All activities will be in local currency (€ Euros) and are bookable and payable locally in resort.
Avoriaz Resort News and Events 2019/20
- A new lift connection between Avoriaz and the Swiss side of the giant cross-border Portes du Soleil ski region is under construction this summer 2019 and will open for next winter 19-20. Two new six-seater chairlifts are being built in a €15million project to make the connection. The slow old Léchère triple chairlift is to be upgraded to a high-speed six-seater chair that will continue around 600 metres further uphill than the lift it replaces. Then a second new high-speed six-seater, named Cases, will carry on from the top of that lift to a new border crossing point with Switzerland, accessing runs down to Les Crosets on the Swiss side. The new lifts, will each have a capacity of 2600-2700 people per hour, should be a great improvement for those wishing to pop in to Switzerland who previously have only had the options of the notoriously challenging Swiss Wall ski run (or taking the chairlift down the mountain above it) or a notoriously unreliable slow Mossettes chairlift route which often has queues and is prone of wind closures. The new lifts are reported to be being built in a less exposed location and to be of a more windproof design
Check out the Avoriaz Tourist Office website for more resort information and news: www.avoriaz.com.
Apres-Ski, Bars & Restaurants
Avoriaz has a small selection of renowned high altitude restaurants for a glorious lunch-stop on the slopes…
- La Crémaillère, Les Lindarêts, Village des Lindarêts, Avoriaz. Tel: +33 (0)4 50 74 11 68.
- Les Crêtes de Zorre, Super-Morzine. Tel: +33 (0)4 50 79 24 73.
- Restaurant La Ferme, Les Lindarêts. Tel: +33 (0)4 50 74 09 60.
Village Igloo (bar & restaurant)
Totally unique place in Avoriaz. Inside you'll find a bar and restaurant made entirely of ice and snow. For a unique break on the slopes, you can stop off at the Village Igloo Ice Bar anytime between 9am and 5pm to enjoy a warm cup of coffee or a refreshing drink in the bar, with a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic options to choose from. There is a new outside terrace with panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. They also offer a cheese fondue or mixed meats board lunch every Tuesday and Thursday, from 12:00 to 14:00. The bar is in the heart of the Avoriaz ski area, within easy access from the Arare blue run. Suitable for all the family, skiers and non-skiers alike, the bar is within an easy 10-minute walk along a well-marked path from the top of the Prodains cable car. Alternatively, from 7pm onwards, once the lifts have stopped and the sun has set, you can prolong your day on the slopes with a visit to the Village Igloo, by booking dinner or even an overnight stay. Just click on the link for further information regarding these. Be sure to wrap up warm in your ski gear as the temperature inside the igloo rarely gets above 5 degrees!
There is a good selection of approximately 25 restaurants in Avoriaz, with something for all tastes and budgets - from gastronomic cuisine and rustic mountain-style restaurants to value for money bistros and pizzerias…
- Folie Douce - the latest arrival in 2018. La Folie Douce in Avoriaz at 1800m, is a new place where all generations can have a great time. The Folie Douce concept is geared to all clients, families, the young and not-so-young. The new chalet is in keeping with what Avoriaz is and has always been: unique and timeless. Open every day from 8am-midnight. La Folie Douce is located on the slopes at the entrance to the pedestrianised resort of Avoriaz. Whether you’re a skier or a walker, take a break for lunch on the sun terrace or inside in the modern and elegant setting. Generous by nature, la Petite Cuisine is the chalet’s self-service restaurant offering a selection of simple and tasty meals for healthy appetites. Soak up the unique market-style ambience where the rich colours and aromas will whet your appetite! Open every day from 1130am – 3pm. La Fruitière in Avoriaz is a gourmet treat for foodies thanks to its delicious cuisine. Let yourself be tempted by a wealth of carefully constructed dishes made with fresh products from the Savoie and Switzerland. La Fruitière is open for lunch from 12-3pm. La Fruitière is also open for dinner from 7pm – an intimate ambience, the best tables for dinner. Clubbing from 2pm-6.30pm with no need to worry about when the lifts close. From its exclusive south-facing sun terrace, with an enormous central bar, VIP area and DJ cabin inside the chalet, all the ingredients are in place for some amazing après-ski, indoor or outdoor!
Avoriaz boasts a lively après-ski with approximately 10 good bars in the evenings plus some terraced cafes to soak up the sun during the day........
Le Lodge, located in the Amara area. Le Chapka, located in the Village de la Falaise. L’Amara Bar, located in the Surya building. Le Yeti, located on Route de l’Alpage. La Cabane, located on Place des Ruches (opposite the Village des Enfants learners zone). Le Fantastique Lounge bar, located on Promenade du Festival. Lounge bar Hotel des Dromonts, located within the hotel on Place des Dromonts. Le Shooters, located on Place du Snow. Le Globe Trotters Café, located on Place du Snow. Le Bistro, located within the shopping centre on Promenade du Festival.
There is one club in Avoriaz: Le Yak Night Club. Here you can dance until 5am in an amazing electro-dance atmosphere. A unique venue where you can meet young people from all over Europe. Located within the Snow shopping centre, on Place du Snow.
There are a range of amenities in Avoriaz including 3 supermarkets, 2 local produce shops, 3 bakeries, 2 banks, 1 post office, 1 car garage, gift and souvenir shops, shoe shop, newsagents, clothes and sports shops and a hairdressers.
‘Carrefour Montagne’, 143 Promenade du Festival, 74110 Avoriaz. Tel: +33 (0)4 50 74 16 78 Website: www.carrefourmontagne-avoriaz.com
Open every day 08:00 – 20:30. Home delivery service. Raclette, fondue & pierrade set hire available.
‘Sherpa Centre’, Snow shopping centre, 61 Place du Snow, 74110 Avoriaz. Tel: +33 (0)4 50 74 03 31. Website: www.sherpa.net
Open every day 08:00 – 20:15 (until 20:30 on Saturdays). Home delivery service.
‘Sherpa Falaise’, Supérette des Neiges, Village de la Falaise, 103 Passage du Malinka, 74110 Avoriaz Tel.: +33 (0)4 50 74 73 25.
Open every day 08:00 – 20:00 (until 20:30 on Saturdays). Home delivery service.
The medical centre is located near the welcome desk of the resort. Doctors, nurses, physiotherapist and osteopath.
Centre Médical - Près de l'accueil station
221 Rue des traineaux
74110 AvoriazTel: +33 (0)4 50 74 05 42
Thonon and Cluses.
Getting to Avoriaz, France
From Calais, take A26 Motorway to Reims and Troyes, then A5 Motorway to Dijon, then A39 motorway to Lons-le-Saulnier and Bourg-en-Bresse, then A40 Motorway also named ‘Autoroute Blanche’ heading Genève/Turin. Exit Motorway at Cluses Scionzier (exit no 18) and follow signs for Taninges on D902, drive through Taninges and Les Gets following that road. Turn right on D338 and enter Morzine. Drive through this village following signs to Avoriaz. As Avoriaz is a car-free resort at the entrance of the resort, pull over on the left hand-side next to the covered walkway where you can unload your luggage before parking in the outdoor or covered car parks.
GPS: 46° 11'40.01'' N / 6° 46'09.48'' E
Geneva to Avoriaz: 65 miles, approximately 1hr 30.
Chambery to Avoriaz: 140 miles, approximately 1hr 55.
Lyon to Avoriaz: 140 miles, approximately 2hrs 30.
Private taxi transfers from airports to Avoriaz are pre-bookable via Ski Collection! See our airport & station transfers page for more information.
Taking the Eurostar from London couldn’t be easier. We offer 2 options: direct Ski Train (St Pancreas or Ashford to Moûtiers or Bourg-St-Maurice) or Eurostar Beyond (with a change at Paris).
See our train services page for more information.
The nearest train stations to Avoriaz are Thonon-les-Bains and Cluses. www.sncf.com
Coach transfers are available from Thonon-les-Bains and Cluses train stations, through Agence SAT.
For arrivals into Thonon-les-Bains contact: +33 (0)4 50 71 00 88.
For arrivals into Cluses contact: +33 (0)4 50 98 01 67.
‘Altibus’ offers a bus transfer from Genève-Cointrin Airport (Geneva)to the ski resort of Avoriaz. Tel: +33 (0)8 20 32 03 68. Website: www.altibus.com
Ski Collection can arrange very competitive car hire at all airports, train stations and other town locations. 7 day rental ranges from £230-£549 (any other duration possible).
See our car hire page for more information.
Shuttle Services in Avoriaz:
Sledges and tracked vehicles are available 7 days a week to run you between the car parks at the entrance of the resort and your accommodation. They will also help you get around the resort, if you don’t feel like walking or skiing that is!
Approximate cost: Sledges: €5-€14 depending on distance (€3 extra for luggage).
Night shuttle service (19:00 – 08:00): €9-€11 (including luggage).
Resort Parking in Avoriaz:
To preserve the environment and ensure your safety and well being, Avoriaz is a car-free resort. The car parks are located at the entrance to the resort, where you leave your car for the duration of your stay. To reach your accommodation there are horse-drawn sleighs and tracked vehicles (payable). Resort staff will welcome you in the car parks to facilitate your arrival and transfer.
The secure outdoor car park has 900 spaces and is located 300m from the entrance to the resort. Approximate cost: €65/car/week. No reservation is necessary. To reach your accommodation from the outdoor car park you also have the option to take the Prodains Express cable car, which runs every 20 minutes from 09:20 – 12:40 & 13:20 – 18:30 and takes just 4 minutes.
The secure covered car park has 1697 spaces and is located at the entrance to the resort. 2 sections have a height limit of 1.90m and the other 2.30m. Approximate cost: €87/car/week. You can pre-book online via: www.avoriazparkings.com or call +33 (0)4 50 74 07 76.
There is a car garage in Avoriaz called Garage Mécanique: 23 Route de l’Accueil, 74110 Avoriaz. Tel: +33 (0)4 50 74 03 19.
Avoriaz resort season dates
Avoriaz is open: 13/12/19 - 19/04/20