Pre-book your ski hire in the French Alps with Ski Collection
Ski, snowboard and boot hire
We can pre-book your skis, snowboard, boots and children’s’ helmets saving you time on arrival and ensuring that the equipment you want is reserved for you. We have selected Sport 2000 (for the majority of our resorts - SkiSet for the remaining few), which ensures that only the highest standard of equipment and service will be provided for all levels of skiers: regularly waxed and edged skis, boot disinfection between each rental and bindings adjusted by a qualified technician in the resort.
With over 200 outlets in France, the nearest shop will be in a maximum of one kilometre from your accommodation, although only a few hundred metres or less in many cases.
Why book your ski equipment in advance?
- Save precious skiing time.
- Enjoy the convenience of having high standard equipment, reserved and waiting for you in the resort.
- Forget the hassle of transporting bulky heavy equipment from the UK.
- Avoid airlines various fees penalising travellers taking their ski and boards to their resorts. Fees range from £17 to £50 each way per person, representing a potential additional £400 on a ski holiday for a family of four.
- Benefit from competitive prices and be assured that the price you pay at the time of booking will not change once you get to the resort.
We can hire skis for any duration over 3 days in all our resorts. Not only will you benefit from our reduced prices but you won't have to worry about paying once you arrive.
Your kit will fitted and adjusted at the ski hire shop. However, the technicians will be happy to re-adjust the bindings, swap your boots or skis if you require after a few hours or days skiing. If you wish to exchange skis for a snowboard mid-week, this will be possible in most shops, at a supplement, payable locally.
Please note that during peak periods, it may be difficult to exchange equipment, but the staff on site will be happy to assist you the best they can; so please do not hesitate to ask.
Special Offers for the 17/18 winter ski season with Ski Collection
- 7 Days for the Price of 6 on all Ski Hire all season
- FREE skis/snowboard and boots (Superior Carver)* for party leaders of groups of 10 or more*
- FREE helmet for children 6 and under for every adult taking Skis/Snowboard AND boots**
- Book a B or C adult pack (skis/boots) before 10/11/17 and get a FREE child pack (incl. helmet)***
*Groups of 10 or more – ALL must be taking equipment and be fully paying ie. not applicable on free child packs
**Free helmet – must be under same reference and requested at time of booking
*** Excludes Peisey (Oree des Cimes), La Rosiere (Cimes Blanches), Alpe d'Huez, Arcs 1800, Arcs 2000 (Cimes des Arcs, Arolles, Source des Arcs), Avoriaz, Courchevel 1850 (Chalet du Forum), Flaine, Plagne Villages (Granges du Soleil), Belle Plagne (Hotel les Balcons, Le Centuare, Balcons de Belle Plagne), Plagne Soleil (Sun Valley), Les Menuires (Julietta, Chalets du Soleil, Hotel Kaya, Natalia, Alpages de Reberty, Les Clarines), Meribel Mottaret (Les Alpages, Les Crets, Les Fermes de Meribel, Plattieres), Sainte Foy, Tignes (Le Telemark, Le Taos), Val d'Isere (Balcons de Bellevarde). Valid for weeks of 06/01, 27/01, 10/03, 17/03, 31/03 + 07/04 only
Choosing your equipment with Ski Collection
The recent vast improvements in ski and snowboard technology and the wide variety of equipment now available mean that hiring is a great option. It will provide you with the latest, most highly rated models to suit your style, ability and size.
All the equipment stocked by the shops we use has been selected and tested by qualified professionals, competition skiers and instructors.
Whether you are a novice or a very experienced skier our skis and boots offer comfort and safety, as well as the assurance of adapting to your level and preferences.
Our tip: the best way to progress and have fun is to have lessons with an instructor. They will be able to advise you on any equipment adjustment for your style of skiing and level.
Here are a few hints to help in your choice.
Did you know?
- A ski is an amalgam of materials – wood, carbon, kevlar, fibreglass and synthetic composites which give each ski its characteristics.
Its shape, length and width determine the terrain for which it is intended.
- Short skis are easier to turn and ensure comfort at low speed.
- Longer skis are more stable and give confidence at higher speeds.
- A flexible ski is more comfortable and reassuring and easier to turn, whereas a stiff ski will grip hard snow and the slope, but requires a skier in good physical shape.
Each model of ski available in our B, C and D categories is the result of manufacturers’ thorough research to adapt to every profile of skier.
Ski/Snowboard Equipment Categories
We have three categories of ski equipment - Superior Carver, Performance Carver and Prestige Carver (the juniors have Fun Carver and Sport Carver) plus two categories of snowboard equipment - Superior Carver and Performance Carver (the juniors have one category). See tabs below for description of each type.
We recommend that children under 14 years wear a helmet for their safety.
Ski hire prices 2017/18
For full details of ski and snowboard prices and conditions that apply in your chosen ski resort, please select the resort name in the list below and scroll down to the Ski Info section where you will find the Ski Hire tab.