- Apartments: L'Amara
- Country: France
- Region: Portes du Soleil
- Ski Area: Portes du Soleil
- Our star rating
- Apartments (Self Catering)
- Sleeps 1-12
- Indoor pool & spa facilities
- Family Friendly
L'Amara in Avoriaz is a recently built 4* luxury ski residence located at 1800m on the edge of Avoriaz, close to the La Falaise district, and benefits from a ski-in/ski-out position.
L'Amara is composed of 5 stunning buildings, all built in stone & red cedar with staggered rooftops, offering a total of 204 high quality self-catering ski apartments.
Facilities at L'Amara include reception lounge with a cosy fireplace, pre-bookable underground parking (unique to Avoriaz, payable locally, max height 2m), ski lockers in each residence, shops, restaurants, free basic Wi-Fi internet access in the main reception area and all apartments, library, luggage room and breakfast or bakery delivery services (payable, see reception on arrival for more details).
The beautiful 'Deep Nature Spa' (by Algotherm) at L'Amara is one of the largest in the Northern Alps of France. The spa can be accessed directly from each residence via covered walkways and boasts a large heated swimming pool, children's pool, sensory pool, steam room, saunas, Jacuzzis, fitness area, Creche (for children aged 3-12 years, open Mon-Fri 09.00-12.00 & 15.00-20.00), children's play corner & a luxurious treatment centre offering various massages, wraps and beauty treatments. Extra charges applies.
L'Amara offers the loan of baby kits for children 0-2 yrs (cot with fitted sheet, highchair, changing mat & pushchair - request at time of booking), irons, ironing boards, hairdryers, bed guards, stair gates, socket guards, board games (all subject to availability).
All the spacious self-catering ski apartments at L'Amara in Avoriaz have South/South-West facing stepped balconies or terraces with large windows, looking out over Avoriaz and the Morzine Valley. The fittings and furnishings have been specially designed, with a luxury decor throughout. They all have a fully equipped kitchenette with microwave oven, fridge, dishwasher, kettle and a Nespresso coffee-maker, TV (with national and international channels), Hi-Fi system with CD player, safe (payable), free basic Wi-Fi internet access, vacuum cleaner and all beds have duvets.
1 bedroom apartment sleeping 4 (c 47m2): Living area with a double sofa bed, 1 bedroom with 2 single beds, bathroom or shower room & WC.
2 bedroom standard apartment sleeping 6 (c 65-70m2): Living area with a double sofa bed, 1 bedroom with a double bed, 1 bedroom with 2 single beds, bathroom with bath/shower, WC. May be split level.
2 bedroom superior apartment sleeping 6 (c 65-70m2): Living area 2 sofa beds, 1 bedroom with a double bed, 1 bedroom with 2 single beds, 1 bathroom or 1 shower-room, WC. May be split level. Slightly more spacious than the standard and nicer views.
3 bedroom standard apartment sleeping 8 (87-98m2): living room with double sofa bed; bedroom with double bed; 2 bedrooms each with 2 single beds; 2 shower rooms, 1 bath and 2 WCs.
Price includes (2017/18):
Fully equipped apartment, bed linen with beds made on arrival, towels, tea towel, 2 bathrobes, bath mat, cleaning kit, end of stay cleaning (excluding kitchen area & dishes), TV, basic Wi-Fi internet access (emails, instant messaging & browsing - in all apartments) and access to the indoor heated swimming pool with water jets, children’s pool and fitness room.
Pre-bookable extras (2017/18):
- Preferred location (choice of view, floor, building, etc.): £65/stay
Requests for a preferred location can only be taken within 2 weeks of departure. This can be requested through Ski Collection and will be subject to availability. Please note that requests can’t always be combined due to residence design and floor plans.
Payable locally (2017/18):
- Refundable breakage deposit: €500/apartment (credit card) - Please note no deposit, no keys!
- Local Tourist Tax: €2/person 18 yrs+/day (for guidance only).
- Optional underground parking at the residence: €92/car/week (max height 2.20m, bookable & payable on arrival only - subject to availability).
- Public covered parking: approx. €98/car/week (for guidance only - bookable on www.avoriazparkings.com and payable on arrival only).
- Public outdoor parking: approx. €91/car/week (for guidance only, no need to pre-book, 600 spaces, open 24/7, 800m from resort entrance).
- Extra cleaning kit: €3/small kit.
- Extra bed linen: €10/single €15/double.
- Extra bathroom linen: €9/pers.
- Extra bathrobes: €9/robe.
- Full Wi-Fi (downloads/videos): €25/week
- Spa and beauty treatments (subject to availability).
- Access to Aquariaz Water Park.
- Only one pet per apartment is allowed and will be charged €65/week (payable locally). A valid passport for your pet is compulsory.
Reception opening hours:
24 hours/day, 7 days/week. Arrival day at L’Amara is Saturday (unless otherwise stated) 17:00 - 21:00 and Departure by 10:00.
20% off* weeks 15/12, 22/12, 29/12, 05/01, 12/01, 19/01, 26/01, 02/02, 09/03, 16/03, 23/03, 30/03, 06/04, 13/04
10% off* weeks 09/02, 16/02, 23/02, 02/03 (3 bedroom superior & 4 bedroom & 5 bedroom are excluded from these offers), Please note these offers are not bookable online. Please call 02392 890960 to bookExpires 26/09/2018