Regular readers of our newsletter will know that we love La Rosière. It's a firm favourite for both our clients and our team, many of whom take their own families there to ski.
But, what makes this resort so well-loved? Here are 10 reasons why we think La Rosière is fantastic.
10 reasons to book a ski holiday to La Rosière
1. Cross-border skiing on the only French-Italian ski area in the northern Alps, the Espace San Bernardo. Popping over to Italy at lunchtime for pizza should be on everyone's bucket list!
2. The resort position guarantees good snowfall and snow cover from the beginning of December to April and it invests to make this happen. The ski area’s altitude ranges from 1,850m (resort) to 2,800m and straddles the Col du Petit Saint-Bernard so it benefits from early, high-altitude snowfall.
3. Although it is a developed ski resort, it's growth has been carefully controlled to ensure there is a traditional Alpine village atmosphere, with cosy wood and stone chalets. It's a very pretty resort with stunning views and woodland walks.
4. La Rosière is a great resort to learn to ski in; its gentle slopes will give an easy and fun introduction to snow sports. Beginners should head to the Petit Saint Bernard adventure slope - with fun and educational features to tackle, this green slope through the forest has been transformed into a fun and educational playground for young (and not-so-young) skiers! Head up the Lièvre Blanc drag lift then follow the resort mascot, a St Bernard dog, back down the slopes! There's another fun track to discover higher up in the ski area too.
5. There are a wide variety of activities to enjoy with your family and friends including organised starlight strolls, the X-Treme Luge mountain coaster, a running track, bowling, cinema and much more...
6. La Rosière creates fantastic events throughout the ski season and hosts international events too!
7. Talking about events and things to do, La Rosière has an indoor ice rink. The ice rink is open to everyone, whether you fancy a skate or just want to watch an ice hockey match on a Wednesday evening. We always get great feedback about the ice hockey matches so do go along and support les Tigres Blancs. Cheer on the team, grab a drink, meet the players afterwards, play a random puck challenge game at half time…
8. In December 2018, La Rosiere opened the new Mont Valaisan sector. As well as the range of pistes on the La Rosière side, you can enjoy 5 new red pistes in the Mont Valaisan sector. This new expansion completes the choice on offer for the more athletic skiers on the north-facing Aoste Valley side.
9. There are a lot of accommodation options to choose from. Whether you are after something on the luxury end of the scale, like Le Hameau de Barthelemy or something more basic, La Rosière will be able to provide.
10. La Rosière has a Famille Plus label, which the French Tourism Ministry awards to resorts that have demonstrated a high level of quality - both infrastructure and services - for families and children.
Below we have listed three great places to stay, but if you would like advice on which accommodation would suit your ski group best, please send an email or call our friendly team on 023 9289 0960.
The 4-star Alparena Hotel & Spa has become one of the places to stay in La Rosière. It is ideally located, close to the Eucherts Express lift.
The décor is both contemporary and warm; the many facilities include a lounge-bar, restaurant, wellness centre, indoor pool and separate children's pool!
Ready to look at winter holiday options in La Rosière this season? Discuss your plans with us on 023 9289 0960, or request a quote to check availability and pricing.
Take an eye on our top offers for the winter season and stay up to date with all the latest French Alps news with our newsletter. You will also find us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter so do join us and say hello!